REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless

Velocity_AZ velocity_az at cox.net
Wed Aug 30 10:17:12 CDT 2006


My Nomex was in the same condition - wrinkled and delmanated.  I bought
stainless steel and used the Nomex behind it.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:58 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless


Well I have to say I am very dissapointed. I just pulled the stainless/nomex
out of the factory box and it looks terrible!  It is all wrinkled up and
delaminating from the nomex. There is no way I'd put that on my firewall. It
has been in the box, protected and sitting behind a cabinet since it came
from the factory, so it was Well protected. 
 
Guess I'll look for some thicker stainless here in town, and find some
fiberfrax or other heat insulator and start from scratch. 
 
Kind a=of a bummer, this stuff wasnt cheap either! 
 
Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060830/2916bb13/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list