REFLECTOR: Velocity Factory Support

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 19:28:51 CDT 2006


Scott, 

Im sure you have heard of some of my "interesting problems" regarding the 
manual. I was a first time builder when I bought my Velocity although I had build 
all kinds of cars, houses, rewired airplanes, etc. I thought the tapes and 
the book were sufficient, when combined with the support of the factory or the 
reflector when I "just didn't get it".  

I don't believe that ANY manual can be perfect for every builder. There is 
tons of information and opinions here on the reflector, and I have always had 
fantastic support from the factory. Even on those "we've never seen THAT before" 
issues. 

An example is when I tried to mate my upper fuselage to the lower half. It 
was off by 3/4" and that scarred the crap out of me. (keep in mind... I built 
Everything myself... no fastbuild options at all).  Once I starred at it for a 
while... scratched my head... etc... I figured that I could "fix" this.   I had 
everything lined up in less than an hour!  The doors were another sticky 
issue, but I did my own thing... got some advice on the reflector... and I am very 
pleased with how they turned out. 

All in all.... I suppose the manual could have been a little better for 
me.... but that may have been redundant for others. If the factory, reflector and 
builders keep an open forum... we can pretty much do anything.  Come out and 
see the 340 HP Chevy V-6 in mine... and you will see what can be done (along 
with all the other fantastic Velocities out there). 

Dont sweat the small ( or medium stuff).  Cut it.. sand it.. wing it... and 
get some input from the rest of the Velocity Family.   You will not regret it.

Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060826/d649b670/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list