REFLECTOR: Pitot-static plumbing

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sat Aug 26 11:25:23 CDT 2006


I bought several loops of (various diameters) nylon tube very similar in 
diameter and properties to the nylaflow tubing that comes with your kit.

It's useful everywhere.  It's stiff enough to help with running wires 
through the ducts.  Use it as a drill extension to make foam tunnels, 
and of course excellent for engine MAP, and pitot static.

I also used tygon hose in many places to connect various things.  I 
think Bing tubing is a Tygon derivative, and if you've payed with that, 
you know it's almost impossible to remove from a barbed fitting without 
cutting.  In other plaves, I slipped it over the nylon tube and secured 
the connection.

Tygon hose: www.usplastics.com
nylon: www.mcmaster.com


Dave Philipsen wrote:
> I've just installed a Dynon D-180 EFIS/EMS into my Std FG and would like 
> an opinion regarding the plumbing of the pitot-static system.  I've 
> ripped out the VSI, turn & bank coordinator, DG, compass, and artificial 
> horizon indicator and I'm leaving the airspeed indicator and HSI as 
> backup.  Needless to say, there will be much less plumbing as far as the 
> pitot-static system goes.  Is there any reason why I should not use 
> quick-disconnect fittings for the plastic tubing instead of the 
> compression fittings?
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list