REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless

J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 24 10:39:42 CDT 2006


Kurt,
The older kits came with a very thin stainless with nomex attached to it.
 This is a very light weight solution but not a good one. I used it and
 wish I had used the thicker stainless. The thin stuff get so easily
damaged every time you touch it with a tool or oil filter etc. 
The thicker stainless is .030   I however used the older stuff and 
it just cuts with a pair of shears I imagine the new stuff does also.

Jack
N55XL
Race 55
> Well, I finally finished installing my 4.3L Aluminum Block V-6, all of the 
> wiring, plumbing, etc is done!!!
> 
> Now I get to take it off and put the factory nomex/stainless on the firewall. 
> I have kind of an odd install, so there will be a decent amount of cutting 
> I'll have to do. What is the best way to cut that stuff?  Any other tips or 
> tricks on finishing off the firewall would be appreciated. 
> 
> My kit is so old, there isnt anything in the plans about how to do it.  
> Getting closer!!!
> 
> Kurt Winker


More information about the Reflector mailing list