REFLECTOR: EIS 6000 Help
Craig and/or Denise Woolston
cdwoolston at verizon.net
Wed Aug 23 09:03:22 CDT 2006
Yea, I've check all the wiring, I'm using the 301 ohm resistor, I've got a
good ground, and I checked the scale and offset. No change of the scale and
offset does anything to the reading and if I do a resistive test of the
sensor I get about 9.7 ohms. I've got GRT sending me a new sensor, will
see, thanks for the hints, just wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten
anything simple/stupid.
Thanks for the info on your FloCal, we still have ours set at 200, but we
are playing with the FloCalR because we have a dual setup, since the engine
pumps fuel back to the tank. We might have got that one solved, will know
this weekend when we run again.
Craig
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:53 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: EIS 6000 Help
For the fuel pressure, make sure you have the correct resistor installed,
the Aux SF, Aux OFF and Aux +/- options set correctly and make sure the
sensor ground is connected to a good ground.
The flow may be OK as is (actually sounds a bit low but not out of reason).
Also, my flow scan is running with a FloCal of 190. Check and make sure you
have something like 190-200.
My EIS4000 has been rock solid and a fantastic engine monitor. I haven't
seen anything that I would replace it with - not even GRT's new color
graphic screens - look nice but take up a lot of room!
Ronnie Brown
----- Original Message -----
From: Craig <mailto:cdwoolston at verizon.net> and/or Denise Woolston
To: 'Velocity Aircraft <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org> Owners and Builders
list'
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 11:48 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: EIS 6000 Help
Anyone out there got any Grand Rapids Technologies, EIS experience? John
and I are fighting fuel flow and fuel pressure issues. The engine runs fine
so I'm sure it's a sensor or system setup but I'm not getting much help from
the factory.
We get 0 fuel pressure reading with the engine off, but -0.8psi with the
engine running, does not change with RPM
We get 0 fuel flow with the engine off, but we get 0.4gph at idle and 3.5
gph at 1700rpm.
We are running an IO-550
Thanks,
Craig
XL-5FG, Palmdale, CA
_____
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060823/a16dbc4d/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list