REFLECTOR: Anti-Ice

Joel Smith joels at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 22 20:36:23 CDT 2006


I think the TKS system is now available for the Cirrus. I have no idea 
if there are any fluid and composite compatibility  issues. It seems 
like one could use this system if there was a way to get the weeping 
surfaces for the leading edges. I think these weeping surfaces are 
custom made and laser drilled. I don't know if these are available 
custom made for experimental at a reasonable price or not. The deicing 
for the prop shouldn't be a problem.
The thing I don't know how you deal with is, an ice chunk going through 
prop (advantage tractor). Perhaps if the whole fuselage weeped to 
prevent any ice build up then maybe. But I would want to be sure. I 
wouldn't be comfortable with any system that didn't address the prop issue.

Lawrence J. Epstein,MD wrote:

>I posed this question a few months ago and didn't get a single response,
>so I figured I would try again:
>
>  
>
>>What is the group's experience with Icing in the Velocity?
>>
>>Has anyone installed any Anti-Ice or De-Icing systems.
>>Anyone consider E-vade or Thermawing Tape?
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
>>Has anyone tried to apply the "percussive tape" technology 
>>    
>>
>(www.iceengineering.com) to an aircraft?
>  
>
>>Larry Epstein
>>173 FGE
>>
>>    
>>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060822/8e3f2421/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list