REFLECTOR: N541SW Pink Slip

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 22 09:45:24 CDT 2006


Who did you get your insurance quote from?  How many hours of pilot experience do you have?  

Try AUA at http://www.auaonline.com/ - Rob Kamsch (but you may have to wait a bit - the insurance companies won't issue competing quotes - meaning if someone has quoted you recently, you have to wait something like 60 or 90 days to get a new quote).

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Craig and/or Denise Woolston 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:13 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: N541SW Pink Slip


  After 4.5 years of building an all SLOW build XL-5FG, John and I got our "pink slip" Saturday with no squawks.  I think watching the inspector was more painful then the 4.5 years, naw I take that back, the sanding was worse.  It was painful to watch though, but well worth it in the end.  But I can now say I own an airplane and not a bunch of "weird" parts in the garage.  Pretty cool, the pain of building is fading every day.

   

  First flight to follow soon, assuming I can get Al to let me borrow his test pilot.

   

  Then I need to get insurance (which has been a major hassle so far), I'm getting told we need at least 250 hrs TT for a XL-FG to even quote liability.  Oh well, life is full of risk, I think John and I both jeopardized are marriage building this thing.

   

  Craig

  XL-5FG, Palmdale, CA

  N541SW is borne.

   

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060822/1155ed22/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list