REFLECTOR: IO 360C1C installed in a std elite rg

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Aug 20 13:44:39 CDT 2006


Just a note on the mounting orientation.

The Franklin installation manual states the angle limit at which the 
engine can be mounted.  For the Franklin, I think it's 12 degrees.  When 
I hung the engine, I rotated it so that bumps on the cowl were 
minimized.  You have to remember this when making intake scoops and all 
of the other oddities that they won't be symmetric to the fuselage.

Is it worth it?  I don't know.  It really didn't add much complexity, 
but certainly was more difficult and took more hours than adding bumps 
to the cowl.

I'm sure the Lycoming has these mounting limitations stated somewhere as 
well.

jack hayes wrote:
> I am in the process of hanging the engine and have a two spots  where 
> the cowling is in contact with the engine.
> The number one intake pipe is just barely touching the lower cowl and 
> the plenum box  above # 1 cylinder is contacting the upper cowl.
> I spoke with Scott Baker at the factory the other day and he said to 
> expect some contact on this engine and to put a bulge in the cowl. 
> Anyone out there with an IO360C1C  in a standard elite that would have a 
> comment?
> The engine is horizontally level. Number two intake is being modified so 
> that should not be a problem.
> Thanks for any help you may give
>                                                  Jack Hayes
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list