REFLECTOR: IO 360C1C installed in a std elite rg
Gary T. Ciampa
gciampa at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 20 07:04:02 CDT 2006
Jack,
I have an IO-360-C1D6 and with the factory forward facing exhaust the
number #1 exhaust pipe does encroach on the lower cowling just a bit; I
ended up fashioning a cowling mod, shaped like a small nerf football.
However, the factory *does* have a pre-molded fiberglass piece for just
this purpose, that they *should* have provided with the exhaust kit.
They forgot to send me the part in my kit, which I why I fashioned the
football; I called the factory after the fact to let them know about the
encroachment and they said, "oh, yea, we're aware of that, the piece was
in your exhaust kit. arghhhh <G>
If the factory is out, I can send you my pre-molded piece for the price
of shipping, as they subsequently sent me the part.
Let me know...regards
Gary
.
reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:
>Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
> reflector at tvbf.org
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> reflector-request at tvbf.org
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
> reflector-owner at tvbf.org
>
>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
>
>
>Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: Auto Conversions (NMFlyer1 at aol.com)
> 2. Re: AirVenture Cup Race Photo Gallery (TimRhod at aol.com)
> 3. Re: Auto Conversions (Joe Ewen)
> 4. Re: Auto Conversions (Al Gietzen)
> 5. IO 360C1C installed in a std elite rg (jack hayes)
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 5
>Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:32:02 -0500
>From: "jack hayes" <jetjock at frontiernet.net>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: IO 360C1C installed in a std elite rg
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Message-ID: <004201c6c419$f7f1c000$46f2244a at D52D6R51>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
>I am in the process of hanging the engine and have a two spots where the cowling is in contact with the engine.
>The number one intake pipe is just barely touching the lower cowl and the plenum box above # 1 cylinder is contacting the upper cowl.
>I spoke with Scott Baker at the factory the other day and he said to expect some contact on this engine and to put a bulge in the cowl. Anyone out there with an IO360C1C in a standard elite that would have a comment?
>The engine is horizontally level. Number two intake is being modified so that should not be a problem.
>Thanks for any help you may give
> Jack Hayes
>-------------- next part --------------
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060820/24a85e2e/attachment.html
>
>------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
>End of Reflector Digest, Vol 27, Issue 90
>*****************************************
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list