REFLECTOR: RG Main Gear Hydraulic cylinder

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Aug 18 10:07:18 CDT 2006


 


I took my hydraulic cylinder to the local shop to have only the spring clip
removed .....they disassembled the cylinder entirely....now I do not know
the correct orientation of the fiber washer/seal on the ram end of the
cylinder shown in the attached picture.....it has a slight 'flange' on one
side.....does anyone know which way this seal should be oriented for the
reassembly?
Thanx!  Jeff Clough  173 RG IVO Franklin Clamshell

 

Jeff;

 

Someone may have some more definitive info, but I would put it in with the
flanged edge toward the high pressure.  High pressure is on the side that
lifts the gear, so toward the direction that the rod exits.  I think that
would be opposite of what is shown in the photo.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060818/1d1755a7/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list