REFLECTOR: Global Warming

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Thu Aug 17 07:59:00 CDT 2006


Carl,

There are plenty of people out there that worship in the temple of 
Global Warming, but I will go with 100% it is political too. ;-)

Richard

P.S. As a side note, I love watching the Hollywood Elite preach Global 
Warming at a press conference and then promptly get into their SUV 
Motorcade and drive off. =-O

Carl Hoffman wrote:
> Global Warming is neither Science or Religion. It's Politics!
>
> Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>> Fred,
>>
>> Global Warming is not a science, it is a religion. I find it quite 
>> arrogant to think we have the power to change the weather. Now if you 
>> are a believer of this religion, I just ask for you to have someone 
>> create a hurricane or something a little simpler like a tornado or 
>> even just make it rain on demand. I will be there in your corner the 
>> day you can make that happen.
>>
>> But for now, this is about building an aircraft we all really love.
>>
>> Lets keep it there,
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Fred Marconi wrote:
>>> Dear friends:
>>>  
>>> To all that were supportive, thank your for the kind words.  Also 
>>> thank you to those that have shown the other side of the coin.  My 
>>> concern was not political but rather one that should concern us 
>>> all.  We cannot deny that we do pollute the earth and that the world 
>>> population is placing great demands on mother nature.  Al Gore or 
>>> not this is not debatable, it's a scientific fact.  No one can argue 
>>> that there are more people on earth today that they were 500 years 
>>> ago.  The earth is not flat.
>>>  
>>> As a pilot now more than a builder, for I  completed my project two 
>>> years ago,  I am not happy for the days I cannot fly due to severe 
>>> weather conditions.  If what we are doing is having an effect on my, 
>>> our,  ability to be on the air, I would like to take the actions 
>>> necessary to make a change.
>>>  
>>> We spend a great deal of time in constructing an airplane that is 
>>> not for short hops but rather for long distance travel.  Weather 
>>> becomes a big issue to us when wanting to reach our destination.  
>>> IFR is interesting but I do enjoy the clear skies and being able to 
>>> see mother earth when I fly, the sights are awesome.
>>>  
>>> Just a thought,
>>> Fred
>>> N244FM
>>>
>>>     ----- Original Message -----
>>>     *From:* Kent Murley <mailto:kent at orbital.aero>
>>>     *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>>>     <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>>>     *Sent:* Monday, August 14, 2006 1:11 AM
>>>     *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Global Warming
>>>
>>>     Good for you, Fred, for speaking up. Only with open minded
>>>     discussion do issues get addressed or solved. People that go out
>>>     of their way to deny there is an issue offend me because they
>>>     tend to be wrong in the long run, yet never see or admit they
>>>     were wrong.
>>>
>>>     Off-topic? That's BS. Only a few of us could afford the time or
>>>     money to attend the fly-ins at Rough River, Grayson Co., or
>>>     Airventure but we didn't whine or post offensive remarks about
>>>     other posts about motels and rendezvous.
>>>
>>>     Off-topic, eh? An issue about advances in engine efficiency and
>>>     emissions in a forum about experimental airplanes? According to
>>>     people who claim that it is off-topic, the only proper venue for
>>>     the issue of global warming is in a room full of ecologists with
>>>     no political pull. In my experience such vociferous people are
>>>     afraid of change for monetary or other selfish reasons.
>>>
>>>     I don't agree gasohol is the way to go (and my parents put me
>>>     through college raising corn) but I applaud Fred for speaking up
>>>     against those who wear blinders or those who see the big picture
>>>     and try to weasel out of it with negativity and bullying. If you
>>>     can't say anything nice...
>>>
>>>     If your posts respond to anyone in a negative manner I wish
>>>     you'd just grow up. Maybe take kindergarten again. Think before
>>>     you press Send.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>     "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed
>>>     individuals can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing
>>>     that ever has."  Margaret Mead
>>>
>>>     Kent Murley
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>     Fred Marconi wrote:
>>>>     Dear Friends:
>>>>      
>>>>     I know this site is not to be used for things other than
>>>>     airplane issues but this concern merits attention by all and we
>>>>     as pilots must take action in finding and promoting engines
>>>>     that are more efficient and cleaner for the environment, even
>>>>     find ways in converting our present engines to gasohol. 
>>>>      
>>>>     Last night I saw the movie "Inconvenient Truth"  I highly
>>>>     recommend it, not as it would be nice but as something of
>>>>     urgency.  It is a root awakening to what is happening in the
>>>>     world today and what WILL happen in our lifetime if we do not
>>>>     take action.  Our future and that of our children is most
>>>>     definitely at stake. 
>>>>      
>>>>     Please forward this message to as many people as you know.
>>>>      
>>>>     The web sites below should be of interest.
>>>>      
>>>>     Fred
>>>>      
>>>>     http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/
>>>>      
>>>>     http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_headlines.asp?id9&c=7
>>>>     <http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_headlines.asp?id9&c=7>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.1/421 - Release Date: 8/16/2006
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060817/ac06e6e2/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list