REFLECTOR: RG System hydraulic oil
steve korney
s_korney at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:40:57 CDT 2006
I use Dextron lll in all my hydraulics.......Even the brakes...
Best... Steve
----Original Message Follows----
From: Jeffrey Clough <jclough at gci.net>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: "reflector at awpi.com" <reflector at awpi.com>
Subject: REFLECTOR: RG System hydraulic oil
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:37:27 -0800
I used a local hydraulic shop for some help rebuilding my main gear
hydraulic cylinder after I dinged up one of the seals and caused it to
leak. (Caused by a drop of epoxy on the shaft) I asked them if I could
purchase some add'l hydraulic oil and if what they had matched my mil
spec oil....they said, 'Just use ATF' (Automatic Transmission
Fluid).......they even said they could be mixed with no
consequences....has anybody heard of this ...or tried it?
Jeff Clough 173RG Franklin IVO Clamshell
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list