REFLECTOR: Retractable Gear Problems

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Aug 15 12:00:29 CDT 2006


I thought the stick was only to secure the nose gear in the down
position following an extension using the dump valve.  If there is a way
to use the stick to unstick the gear, that would have prevented my nose
gear up landing and I want to know how to do it.

John

Ron Brown wrote:

> Not me.  Never needed the stick in over 400 gear extensions and
> landings.  I have always wondered why anybody would need the stick if
> the system was installed and adjusted correctly?????
>
>      ----- Original Message -----
>      From: MMurp16900 at aol.com
>      To: reflector at tvbf.org
>      Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:14 PM
>      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Accident/Incident
>       I thought we all carry a stick or rod so as to insert in
>      the keel and force the hung up gear down.Mack
>      -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      _______________________________________________
>      To change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>      Check old archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060815/2464270e/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list