REFLECTOR: Global Warming

Richard Riley richard at riley.net
Mon Aug 14 01:10:03 CDT 2006


Dear Kent:

I am truly sorry that you take offence to my post.

I have seen too many online forums dedicated to topics of particular 
interest disintegrate over politics.  I've seen friends have become 
enemies, online communities become ghost-towns, and enthusiasts drop 
their avocation completely.  I have no wish to see that happen here.

I will not discuss this matter further.

Richard Riley

At 10:11 PM 8/13/2006, you wrote:

>Good for you, Fred, for speaking up. Only with open minded 
>discussion do issues get addressed or solved. People that go out of 
>their way to deny there is an issue offend me because they tend to 
>be wrong in the long run, yet never see or admit they were wrong.
>
>Off-topic? That's BS. Only a few of us could afford the time or 
>money to attend the fly-ins at Rough River, Grayson Co., or 
>Airventure but we didn't whine or post offensive remarks about other 
>posts about motels and rendezvous.
>
>Off-topic, eh? An issue about advances in engine efficiency and 
>emissions in a forum about experimental airplanes? According to 
>people who claim that it is off-topic, the only proper venue for the 
>issue of global warming is in a room full of ecologists with no 
>political pull. In my experience such vociferous people are afraid 
>of change for monetary or other selfish reasons.
>
>I don't agree gasohol is the way to go (and my parents put me 
>through college raising corn) but I applaud Fred for speaking up 
>against those who wear blinders or those who see the big picture and 
>try to weasel out of it with negativity and bullying. If you can't 
>say anything nice...
>
>If your posts respond to anyone in a negative manner I wish you'd 
>just grow up. Maybe take kindergarten again. Think before you press Send.
>
>
>
>"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals 
>can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever 
>has."  Margaret Mead
>
>Kent Murley
>
>[]
>
>
>
>
>Fred Marconi wrote:
>>Dear Friends:
>>
>>I know this site is not to be used for things other than airplane 
>>issues but this concern merits attention by all and we as pilots 
>>must take action in finding and promoting engines that are more 
>>efficient and cleaner for the environment, even find ways in 
>>converting our present engines to gasohol.
>>
>>Last night I saw the movie "Inconvenient Truth"  I highly recommend 
>>it, not as it would be nice but as something of urgency.  It is a 
>>root awakening to what is happening in the world today and what 
>>WILL happen in our lifetime if we do not take action.  Our future 
>>and that of our children is most definitely at stake.
>>
>>Please forward this message to as many people as you know.
>>
>>The web sites below should be of interest.
>>
>>Fred
>>
>><http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/>http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/
>>
>>http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_headlines.asp?id=119&c=7
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.9/417 - Release Date: 8/11/2006
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 18e7a1fc.jpg
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 7172 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060813/71324f91/attachment.obj 
-------------- next part --------------


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.9/417 - Release Date: 8/11/2006


More information about the Reflector mailing list