REFLECTOR: Plenum-Runner-firewall connections

jack hayes jetjock at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 13 20:44:08 CDT 2006


Jeff,
     I am doing the same procedure and found most of the information you 
need in chapter 12 Engines and props . I pulled it up on the Velocity site. 
The manual does not talk about the baffle you mention,but does cover the 
rest. I plan on calling the factory to get the recommended gap between the 
runners.
                               Jack Hayes
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeffrey Clough" <jclough at gci.net>
To: <reflector at awpi.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:56 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Plenum-Runner-firewall connections


>I am beginning the fabrication of my plenum to NACA runners....I looked
> at the online construction pics......it looks like the plenum is screwed
> into the firewall via a flange at the NACA ducts and at the other end it
> is screwed into the plenum via a flange......in the MIDDLE of the
> runners is a joint of what appears to be engine baffle wrapped around
> and pop riveted to the lower runner section.....does the upper runner
> section just 'fit like a glove' into this baffle wrap?  Is this the best
> way to do this?  Is it easy to disassemble...to remove the plenum...with
> this method?  Does this isolate the engine vibrations from the
> runner-NACA junction?  Does the upper runner section still insert into
> the lower section an inch or two or do they approximately 'butt' inside
> the baffle wrap??   Thanx for your help!
> Jeff Clough    173 RG Clamshell Franklin
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list