REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Fri Aug 11 13:16:44 CDT 2006


You can still get enough directional control while on the runway, but would
just have a hard time during taxi

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 8:00 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

 

Sid,

 

Even with the gear locked, the differential braking still works for
steering.  Probably works very well at 50 or 60 mph.  It will still steer at
5 mph, but it is hard on the tire and I would imagine you would notice it
quickly and disengage the pin.

 

Andy

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Sid Knox
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 8:27 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

Ok, I think I am missing something here... when the "locking pin" idea was 
first proposed, I thought it was just an attempt at weird Velocity humor but

apparently people are seriously considering it (already using it?). To me, 
the prospect of rolling down the runway at 50 or 60 mph with no direction 
control is frightening. How can this work??

Sid Knox
Oklahoma



> At Oskosh, Duane indicated that Velocity may be selling teh locking pin
> assembly directly. Scott?
>
> 




 <http://msgtag.com/?source=ffooter> has notified the sender that this
message has been received.

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060811/e6474a4c/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list