REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 00:31:04 CDT 2006


Kirk,..

I am not flying yet, but wonder if anyone else has a similar part anomaly. 

My nosegear could not get the required angle on the lower kingpin portion of 
the nose gear leg. I tried and tried and it just seemed off. I pulled the nose 
gear leg out... and put it in a vise so that the upper portion of the leg was 
plumb. The lower part was way off. 

I called the factory and asked if the lower part of the leg was supposed to 
be exactly parallel with the upper part .  They said yes.  I informed them that 
mine was not, and that I could not get the required "rake" or angle on that 
lower nose gear portion. They asked me to send it back to the factory.  
Although they could now figure out just what happened... they sent me a correct nose 
gear leg. 

If you have a similar problem, you may have shopping cart syndrome, no matter 
what you do it will shimmy until you get the correct "rake" on that kingpin. 

Just something you might want to check. 

Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060811/20bbb8a5/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list