REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Gear Doors

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Thu Aug 10 10:00:10 CDT 2006


Hi Scott,

I know that movie well. I have both your movies which I downloaded from 
your website over a year ago, along with the great clip of Burt Rutan on 
the Tonight Show.

Richard

P.S. I hope you did not mind me hacking your website. ;-)

Scott Derrick wrote:
> here's the movie..
>
> http://www.tnstaafl.net/canards/NG%20Door%20Mechanism%20with%20Anti-Bounce%20Spring.avi
>
> Actually I just watched it and this is Dave's earlier version..
>
> All of the "alternate" mechanism's use a spring to hold the doors open.  
> I just can't trust that. 
>
> Scott
>
> David Scharfenberg wrote:
>   
>> Ooops, forgot the picture!
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>     
>>> Here is a picture of mine.  I added two short springs to hold the 
>>> doors shut with spring pressure and still allow the nose gear to move 
>>> up and down in turbulence.  I have a crude movie showing that if you 
>>> are interested.  I tested it every way I could think of and it has 
>>> worked well.  So far I have maybe 25 or 30 flights with it.
>>>
>>> Dave Scharfenberg
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Richard J Gentil wrote:
>>>
>>>       
>>>>  Trying to reinvent the wheel. On the Standard RG, the nose gear 
>>>> door actuator was not operating correctly so we decided to make a 
>>>> mod to a mechanical door operation.
>>>>
>>>>  I am still a long was off from flying but I thought I would post a 
>>>> pair of pictures to see if anyone might have any suggestions or 
>>>> concerns. Obviously it works well on jacks, but there is no air 
>>>> pressure on it, and I was looking for thoughts of how it might do in 
>>>> flight and if there is anything I should look into changing (i.e. 
>>>> larger springs, etc.)
>>>>
>>>> <unknown.jpg>
>>>>
>>>> <unknown.jpg>
>>>>
>>>>  Richard
>>>>
>>>> <Nose Gear Door1.jpg>_______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit 
>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw >>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>         
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>     
>
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060810/ad73211f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list