REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Gear Doors

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Wed Aug 9 21:24:04 CDT 2006


Ooops, forgot the picture!

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Nose door.jpg
Type: application/applefile
Size: 61030 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060809/069f1419/attachment-0001.bin 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Nose door.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 64799 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060809/069f1419/attachment-0001.jpg 
-------------- next part --------------

> Here is a picture of mine.  I added two short springs to hold the 
> doors shut with spring pressure and still allow the nose gear to move 
> up and down in turbulence.  I have a crude movie showing that if you 
> are interested.  I tested it every way I could think of and it has 
> worked well.  So far I have maybe 25 or 30 flights with it.
>
> Dave Scharfenberg
>
>
>
> On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Richard J Gentil wrote:
>
>>  Trying to reinvent the wheel. On the Standard RG, the nose gear door 
>> actuator was not operating correctly so we decided to make a mod to a 
>> mechanical door operation.
>>
>>  I am still a long was off from flying but I thought I would post a 
>> pair of pictures to see if anyone might have any suggestions or 
>> concerns. Obviously it works well on jacks, but there is no air 
>> pressure on it, and I was looking for thoughts of how it might do in 
>> flight and if there is anything I should look into changing (i.e. 
>> larger springs, etc.)
>>
>> <unknown.jpg>
>>
>> <unknown.jpg>
>>
>>  Richard
>>
>> <Nose Gear Door1.jpg>_______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list