REFLECTOR: Correct wing measurements

Jack Prock jackprock at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 02:15:52 CDT 2006


Do you know if this has been corrected in the manual? I am a about to do this in the next few weeks and I would like to know if
there is still something to watch out for.

Jack Prock
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Andrew Ellzey 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:46 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Correct wing measurements


  Since the subject has come up on flutter and the measurements that are needed to check you winglet toe-in is very critical, I thought I should add something that I found building my wings. I was to the point of needing to trim my wings for the winglets that I noticed that I couldn't get the template to line up as the manual suggested. I took several pictures of the problem and sent them to Velocity and asked what I was doing wrong. What was determined was that the picture of the X measurement was shown wrong in the manual. This measurement should not angle out to the leading edge as shown on figure 2-25. This X dimension should be measured straight down the leading edge of the spar. This correction came from Scott Swing who stated that the manual would be updated to correct this issue. If you make the X and Z measurements correctly, you will have very close to the 1" winglet toe in that you need. I just tested this last week when I attached my winglets.

  Andy Ellzey
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060804/e0af7399/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list