REFLECTOR: Airventure cup race
J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 3 10:38:39 CDT 2006
OK Pat,
I confess we watched a little bit of 16 Right ( Flying movie Van Nuys airport) on the way to Sterling Falls and If my co pilot would have made the popcorn earlier we could have made up the 24 seconds I lost to Rich. But as I said before Rich had the advantage of a great co-pilot. No fair he will probably bring in the real ringer next year his Mom.
Pat, I think you are right the folks with the little two place go fast airplanes were surprised to see our condominium class airplanes all showing good times.
I am looking forward to next year and have a line on a military surplus JATO botttle. We need a few more velocities. It was really great to have the factory folks step up and sponsor. I know Scott really wanted to race he and Duane used to race his Quickie years ago.
Jack
Race 55
> Hey Tim,
>
> It was great meeting you and your brother. Having
> multiple Velocities in the race this year made it even
> more fun. I can't give enough credit to Rich Guerra
> for getting us all involved in this.
>
> You're not suggesting that I was flying low enough to
> be below the headwinds are you??? If so, you're right
> - I'd estimate my average headwind component was
> around zero.
>
> I predict that we'll be very close to the same speed
> next year as you get that beast dialed in.
>
> One of the funniest things was listening to Jack
> Sheehan and his co-pilot during their race pre-flight
> discuss whether or not they should watch a DVD during
> the race! Jack has a killer panel with apparently a
> few extra MFD's...
>
> Personally, i'm proud of how the Velocities showed
> some muscle to the rest of the home building crowd -
> all of us in the Sport class were over 200mph even
> with the headwinds. I suspect we raised more than a
> few eyebrows. Well, at least that thought helps me
> justify my $1,300 gas bill flying from Los Angeles and
> back ($200 just for the race!).
>
> I'll try to take those winglet measurements we
> discussed for you this weekend.
>
>
> Best, Pat
>
> --- TimRhod at aol.com wrote:
>
>> WE had about a 15mph head wind.
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list