REFLECTOR: exceeding Vne and Airventure cup race

Richard Riley richard at riley.net
Thu Aug 3 09:05:02 CDT 2006


We experienced rudder flutter at higher speeds in 
the Berkut, and some Cozy's have reported it.

Tighter spring at the rudder, deflect the rudder 
outboard with a stop, a little aluminum trim tab, 
or a gurney flap - a very thin piece of something 
(tube, rod) along the outboard side of the trailing edge.


At 06:54 AM 8/3/2006, you wrote:

>r.  At Oshkosh I talked to Duane Swing at length 
>about the rudder flutter and he recommended some 
>diagnostic work and a fix which I am presently 
>doing. So Next year I should be faster in the race
>  Tim Rhodenbaugh
>
>Thanks for report, Tim.  Can you tell us what 
>diagnostic work and fix Duane recommended?  I 
>would think shimming the rudder outward a tad would be in order.
>
>BTW; you say you tightened the return springs – 
>at the rudder, or at the pedal (or other)?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Al
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/405 - Release Date: 8/1/2006


-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/405 - Release Date: 8/1/2006




More information about the Reflector mailing list