REFLECTOR: Jeffco Question.

Richard Riley richard at riley.net
Wed Aug 2 21:14:04 CDT 2006


At 06:08 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

>I've heard that Jeffco comes in "fast and slow" hardners.
>Does it come in "sealant" and "structeral" as well????

Yes.  The sealant is sp9700-FCR

http://128.121.50.220:8090/Jeffco/Systems/viewCustomers_html?key=sp9700-FCR

It is thick, opaque gray, with the consistency of cold honey.  It is 
NOT a structural epoxy, it's made to be a coating.  In addition to 
sealing tanks, it's great on hangar floors.

>My 2nd hand kit came with Aeropoxy in a set of cans.
>(about pint size)
>Is this the structeral adhesive that was mentioned for
>bonding the nonfuel part of the strake?
>It's been in those cans for about 6 years, what are the
>chances that it's still good?

Pretty good, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.  Compared to what 
you'll have in the plane when it's done, buying new epoxy should be a 
non-issue.

I've recommended it before, but I can't say enough good things about 
ProSet adhesive for bonding on strake tops.  


-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/405 - Release Date: 8/1/2006




More information about the Reflector mailing list