REFLECTOR: Runway length

Lawrence J. Epstein,MD ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 16:16:41 CDT 2006


What we need are props that go to full "Beta".

 

LJE

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:57 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Runway length

 

Again.. At WHAT density altitude?. makes a huge difference. I only have
4300' X 40' of runway here at my airpark. Feels like plenty on most
things, but canards really are runway hogs. 

 

 Kurt 

 

 

 

 

All

 

I fly my 173FG IO360 off a 3400 ft paved runway with 20 ft levees
directly off both ends of the runway.  I did the first flight here and
had no difficulty--landings take a little getting use to the sight
picture, but also no issue.    

 

I've also landed/taken off on paved runways as short as 2200 ft with no
issue--you just have to control the speed and fly a stabilized approach.

 

Bill (I73)

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060802/decb89d4/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list