REFLECTOR: Spark Plug Wire

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 29 10:31:08 CDT 2006


Steve,

I guess that is what they are, I just bought them and installed them.  I
also bought the spark plugs from them, now I buy them from a motor cycle
shop and change them every 100 hours.  I went with the Klaus wires because I
was not able to easily gap the aircraft plugs and because I did not feel
comfortable on how the spark plug assembly for the wires.  I have had some
problem with the Klaus boot that goes over the spark plug.  On several
occasions a plug wire has come out of the spark plug in flight and has
forced me to land.  Not a big issue because I have a magneto on the upper
plugs.  I have finally resolved the problem by clamping the wires at a
location near the plug.  I have been quite satisfied other than that.

Fred

----- Original Message -----
From: "steve korney" <s_korney at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Spark Plug Wire


> Fred....
>
> I think Klaus uses MSD wire....
>
> Best... Steve
>
>
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: "Fred Marconi" <fmarconi at bellsouth.net>
> Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Spark Plug Wire
> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:35:15 -0400
>
> I have 225 hours and used the Klaus wires on the rose and auto plugs.  The
> wires are still in good shape.
>
> Fred
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:56 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Spark Plug Wire
>
>
>  > After 275 hours, the wires for my Rose EI have some splits and need
>  > replacing.  Any recommendations on good wire?
>  >
>  > John
>  >
>  > _______________________________________________
>  > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>  >
>  > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>  > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>  > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>  > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>  >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>




More information about the Reflector mailing list