REFLECTOR: Retract speed increase

Richard Riley richard at riley.net
Thu Apr 27 10:55:31 CDT 2006


Over on one of the non-velo canard mailing lists we're having a 
spirited discussion about how much speed adding retracts gets 
you.  Since the Velocity is one of the few airplanes that's offered 
with and without retracts, I thought I'd ask here for real numbers.

I'm trying for apples to apples, so let me limit the request to this:

1) Only large wing, small fuselage airplanes with a 180 HP engine.
2) If fixed gear, how much clean up have you done to the gear 
itself?  Wheel pants on the mains?  On the nose?  Gear leg 
fairings?  Intersection fairings

and, of course,

3) What is your full throttle speed at 8500 feet?

Write me either on or off list.  I'll post my conclusions here.

Thanks,

RR


-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/324 - Release Date: 4/25/2006




More information about the Reflector mailing list