REFLECTOR: Transition training
Ron Brown
romott at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 23 18:32:55 CDT 2006
I owned a 172 before I finished my Velocity.
I too found it helpful to fly patterns and landing with flaps up. I also
flew the pattern using the left side of the right yoke using my right hand -
sorta similar to flying the Velocity's center stick. I didn't try landing
that way, but I did the pattern down to short final that way. A big help!
I also got 10 landings in a Bonanza A36 which helped to get used to a faster
plane. I practiced patterns and controlling speeds using Flight Simulator
2002 Pro using the Mooney RG.
I found the Velocity rather easy to fly - but you definitely have to think
ahead and pay attention to airspeeds. It is easy to come in too hot and too
high, and coming in too slow will bite you too!!!
But the transition flying and the past 220 hours have been tremendous fun!
Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Michalk" <michalk at awpi.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Transition training
>I was planning on renting a 182 and doing exactly as you described. Do you
>think a 172 would work? I'm pretty sure a 152 would be out.
>
> John Dibble wrote:
>> IMO, if you practice no flap, no flare landings in a Cessna, you will
>> have a good head
>> start for flying a Velocity. And your gear will thank you for that.
>>
>> John
>>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list