REFLECTOR: Forming molds

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Fri Apr 21 22:13:23 CDT 2006


That is a good setup if you have a number of pieces to do- I just made a one
(or 2) off system where to mold mounts to a board with hot melt- drill a
couple of holes under the perimeter, hot melt a vac fitting,  screw the
plastic to a frame, heat, clamp and form- not the best for large parts of if
you have a number to do, but on the other hand, less work than building the
rather nice former from those plans....... it is a fun process to do
though......

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Riley
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:11 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Forming molds

I've done a lot of vacuforming with 1/8" acrylic (plexiglass) using a table
I made from these plans.

http://www.halloweenfear.com/vacuumformplans.html

Never got bubbles.  

---- michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote: 
What type of clear sheet did you use?  How did you warm it up?  I've 
always gotten bubbles in the stuff I worked with.

Alex Balic wrote:
> That would be me- I made some molds for some submerged LED position lights
> at the wing tips- still have the molds if anyone is interested
> 
> Alex

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list