REFLECTOR: Nose Wheel shimmy
Dave Bertram
v350tx at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 17:36:30 CDT 2006
I recently had a severe nose wheel shimmy on landing for about the second
time in the last five landings. I talked to Scott Baker and he told me to
check the "taco gusset" at the pin holding the strut for cracks. I used a
penetrating fluid for that and found a crack on both sides that went all the
way through. I ordered a new strut from Velocity and after installing it I
performed a retraction test. Due to the "taco gusset" being thicker my nose
gear door sequence valve closed the doors before the nose gear was
completely in the well jamming it before complete retraction. I talked to
Scott Swing and he said Velocity will be noting the difference in the
newsletter. I believe my shimmy was caused both my the use of the old
style bellview washers and not enough tension ( 15-20 pounds) on the fork.
Always do a retraction test after working on the gear.
Dave Bertram N350TX
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060415/a3ef8c8e/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list