REFLECTOR: Catto prop for 260hp and up.

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Thu Apr 6 12:38:21 CDT 2006


Andy,

The catto props aren't CS, they're fixed pitch (so I've removed CS from the
thread title).  I've got one, but won't be flying until later in the year
(hopefully).  There are some flying examples, though, and all of the reports I
got before buying mine were very favorable.  I can't remember now who all has
them on XLs (Dave Dent?), but locally Bill Stockman has one on his 4 cylinder
Standard and seems very happy, as does Jack Morrison on his e-racer.  Craig
does nice work, and all of his props are custom-designed for the aircraft, and
he predicts slightly better top end and acceptable take-off distance for my
aircraft, based on my engine's dyno testing.  We'll see, but I'm hopeful. 
They're so (relatively) affordable, I figure even if I go CS later, it'll be a
great spare should I need to send an MT to Germany later or something.

Brett

Quoting Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com>:

> Is anyone on the reflector using the New design (2005) Catto Velocity pusher
> prop that is being shown on the Catto web site? If so, can we get a report.
>
> www.cattoprops.com/html/velocity_xl_props.html
>
> Andy


More information about the Reflector mailing list