REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop
Greg Poole
gpoole at zeta.org.au
Wed Apr 5 16:10:23 CDT 2006
US$18K!!!!! ..that's exactly AUD $25k!!! That would absolutely ruin most
experimental Aussie aviators! In fact the reasonably well heeled Leon Howe
- who owned the XL RG we built down here, gave up on his MT & his Velocity
when the prop ended up owing him $US19k. and even then suffered such
horrendous fodder damage that the cost per hour of use for the prop
alone...think you get the picture!
The hairy chestnut of the need to find something more robust and reliable
for the Velocity keeps rearing it's head. It really is a shame that to get
the most from the sleek potentially high speed canard airframe (due takeoff
roll), a constant speed/variable pitch prop is essential.
Greg in Sydney
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, 6 April 2006 3:29 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop
Remember, mine is on a IO-360C1C four banger. The six cylinders have a much
smother firing pulse 120 vs 180 degrees. The Ivo had major problems on the
four cylinders also. This is the root of the problems I have had, and you
six cylinder guys don't. mt has admitted that the original blade design as
provided on my prop initially was not conducive to the fours. I had to
purchase new blades that supposedly are, however, I am still developing the
leaks, along with other issues related to harmonic vibrations. mt is just
washing there hands with the four cylinder issues. Like I said, I have over
18K in this prop with countless hours of time in removal and installation
along with troubleshooting. I'm glad others are not experiencing the
problems I have.
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060406/2fb04fac/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list