REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 4 18:56:15 CDT 2006


I was talking to a long time Mix Master owner and asked him about the rear prop blades.  He said he never had a problem with the rear prop, just the engine - running hot back there.

I asked the question about metal props back there, and no one could give definitive info about the problem (canard and Velocity lists).  Someone said that Mike Melville had a metal prop on of his first pushers (Vari?), he flew it and said that "damn" metal prop is vibrating and has to come off.  But beyond that, no one had any real data.

Ronnie


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: HYTEC45 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:19 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop


  In a message dated 4/4/2006 2:52:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, michalk at awpi.com writes:
    They sell props for tractor 
    airplanes, and I assume Lycoming 4 cylinders, why do they have problems 
    here?

  One thing we have to deal with that tractors don't is the trailing edge wake from the wing hitting the prop.  Someone smarter than I may be able to chime in if this has anything to do with prop performance.  I know the mix-masters from Cessna had problems with the rear prop even though it was basically the same as the front, but with pusher blades.

  TEC  


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060404/a320626d/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list