REFLECTOR: Transporting A Velocity

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Sun Apr 2 14:17:27 CDT 2006


Take note this was not a XL.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Brett Ferrell" <bferrell at 123mail.net>
To: <rwharton at buckeye-express.com>; "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders 
list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Transporting A Velocity


> Randy,
>
> I can't remember who's plane this was, I just recall thinking it was a 
> great
> picture, and that it'd arrived perfectly intact.  I don't know that I 
> would
> do this with the engine on it, though.
>
> Brett
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Randy Wharton" <rwharton at buckeye-express.com>
> To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 4:24 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Transporting A Velocity
>
>
> First of all, I received some very nice emails from some of you about
> having to sell my kit, and I really appreciate everyone on this
> forum. Thanks to all of you.
>
> Secondly, I was able to sell the kit and the engine without any
> problem! It will be headed to Scottsdale, AZ, in a month or so.
>
> Finally, since I already have the main spar very securely and
> permanently attached to the lower fuselage half, there will be a
> little matter of transporting everything. I figure the best way will
> be to rotate the lower fuselage about 60 degrees in a truck and build
> a frame to secure it in that position for the trip with the main spar
> just outside the back. I doubt the new owner's going to find a rental
> truck large enough to actually get the spar inside the back door, so
> the back door will probably remain open. My thoughts were once it's
> secured in a frame, we could use plywood to seal around the fuselage
> to secure everything else.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Randy W.
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 




More information about the Reflector mailing list