REFLECTOR: Mag Hookup

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Sep 29 09:52:49 CDT 2005


Craig,

You have it right, the #10 stud is for the P-Lead. Shield to a case screw.

The 3 leads are probably a magnetic tach for a EFIS or Electronic ignition.

Scott

Craig and/or Denise Woolston wrote:

> Okay, I’ll admit it, I’ve never hooked up a Magneto and I’m quite 
> embarrassed to ask this, since they are so stone simple, but…
>
> I have a IO-550N13B which has two regular Bendix Magnetos on it. There 
> is a #10 stud out the back. I assume that’s where the P-lead hooks up 
> and then the shield will go to any case screw. Correct?
>
> OBTW, one of the mags has three small (24ga.) wires coming out of it 
> and a mil-style connector. It’s labeled “ignition sensor”. I’m 
> assuming that’s a tach pickup (which I’m not using), but that’s part 
> of what’s got me confused because the other mad doesn’t have this at all.
>
> Craig
>
> XL-5FG
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list