REFLECTOR: Accident report - SQ2000

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Sep 22 10:37:37 CDT 2005


Some of you may have seen this on other venues.  This is not happy reading
but I post it here because of one factor that relates to our airplanes – the
seats.

 

You can skip the rest of the report, but note that the lack of seatback
support is cited as a cause in the pilots death.  The seat is essentially
the same as the Velocity.  From the first time I saw the Velocity seats I
was very concerned that is provides very little support against strong
forces vertically or from the rear.  Once the back support breaks there is
no longer a restraint system.

 

And speaking of restraint system, I also pressed the factory years ago for
some test of the 5/16” bolt threaded into ¼” aluminum block as an adequate
seat belt attachment; particularly for the inboard side of the front seat.

 

The analysis of the 4 canardians who examined the wreckage of Paul Conner's
aircraft is now available at:

 

 <http://www.cozybuilders.org/N2992_Accident_Eval/>
http://www.cozybuilders.org/N2992_Accident_Eval/

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050922/84f36c9f/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list