REFLECTOR: Canadian Goose hunting with a Velocity 173 RG

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Sep 13 08:53:35 CDT 2005


Definitely good eating-tastes like chicken.  Glad it was at TO speed and
not 160kts.  I've not heard anyone hitting a goose at cruise but I
suspect the damage may be more mutual at that speed.
 
Chuck
 
Do Not Archive
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Robin Ream
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:18 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canadian Goose hunting with a Velocity 173 RG
 
Wow!  If I'm counting right, you got five with one shot. --  That
Velocity can hunt!
Davy Crockett never did that good, you deserve a trophy!
 
Robin
========
	----- Original Message ----- 
	From: Sid Knox <mailto:sbjknox at earthlink.net>  
	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  
	Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:51 AM
	Subject: REFLECTOR: Canadian Goose hunting with a Velocity 173
RG
	 
	I was doing a night touch-and-go and was about at lift-off speed
when appeared in the landing light, a bunch of Canadian Geese sitting on
the runway. They tried to fly and had just gotten airborne as I plowed
through the center of the flock. Rapid "thump...thump..." sounds. I was
very concerned that one (or more) had passed thru the prop. I shut-down
and taxied back to the hanger to survey the damage and then drove out on
the runway and dragged the dead birds off to the side.
	Fortunately, none had gone through the prop....damned lucky here
as the balsa wood MT blades would surely have shattered. No plane
damage... just a bunch of blood and guts to wash off.
	I flew for about 15 minutes to dry-out things. All sounded and
felt normal.
	I doubt that an aluminum airplane would have come out as well.
	
	Sid Knox
	Oklahoma
	
	Velocity N199RS
	Starduster N666SK
	KR2 N24TC
	W7QJQ
 <http://msgtag.com/?source=ffooter> has notified the sender that this
message has been received.
	
________________________________

	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050913/b11dccd0/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list