REFLECTOR: Arm pit scoops

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 19:59:22 CDT 2005


Do any of you have the arm pit scoop cooling on your XL with the IO-540?  I don't want to reinvent the wheel so I am asking if any of you mastered the number five and six cylinder cooling issue that goes with this type of setup?
I have done fancy things like I did on the EZ's with kickers and rap around baffling but to no avail.  So could I get some input from those that have had some time on theirs that have got these cylinders down? 
 
I can't seem to drop it below the 435 level in flight.  Especially on number six.  So I'm leaning according to the CHT instead of EGT.  Making me burn in the 14+ gpm.  These real hot days has not helped any.  

davedent at comcast.net
N32XL
XL/RG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050910/3cd458c4/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list