REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids EFIS

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Sep 8 12:23:02 CDT 2005


Dave;

 

I understand about keeping the magnetometer away from steel parts, but I'm
not aware of the need for separation of the magnetometer leads from any coax
(as in antenna leads, I presume).  What's up with that?

 

Thanks,

 

Al

 

> I ran the wires from the magnetometer to the AHRS away from any coax

> cables,

> as best I could.  I went down the middle of the keel, on the  Velo. On

> the

> other plane (Cozy) I had to run them near the coax cables but separated.

> I

> found this best.  Do not tie them together.  The object is to keep the

> magnetometer at least nine inches away from any steel moving parts.  I

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050908/72182b6f/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list