REFLECTOR: air duct design info

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Sep 7 09:28:08 CDT 2005


Doug, I had a Mazda rotary in my Velocity previously (5 yrs ago), and I knew


Paul Lamar pretty well (he runs a rotary airplane website). I think he has 

copied some pretty good sources, but be careful about following his 

conclusions. I think I might still have the original airflow documents that 

he copied from. I'll look and make you a copy if I find them.

 

 Al Geitzen might have kept up with Paul's musings, and know if he ever 

followed thru with building and flying a rotary plane?

 

Chuck H

 

Paul has decided he is too old to complete and fly his airplane, so he is
spending his time promoting/improving rotary engine installations for
aircraft.  Of course I occasionally disagreed with his conclusions, but he
is technically very savvy, and he has amassed an impressive body of material
related to using the rotary.  The info on scoops and heat exchangers is
largely from the K & W reference and is good stuff.

 

I have been off his mailing list for much of the past year because much of
what is there relates to areas that I am past, and I'm not interested in
modifying the engine for performance improvement at this point.  He came
here for a visit about a month ago; and posted on his ACRE list that mine is
the finest rotary installation that he has seen - so of course I love the
guy:-).

 

Al

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050907/812ada04/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list