REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids EFIS
michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Wed Sep 7 08:28:48 CDT 2005
I have the electronic compass for my Micro Encoder. The biggest thing
is to keep it away from large electric currents, and soft magnetic
sources, as these tend to have varying magnetic fields. Constant
magnetic fields can be calibrated out ... at least there is a procedure
for it in my compass.
I mounted mine in the keel, just forward of the speed brake.
Terry Miles wrote:
> Hi Y'all,
>
> I am in the final plans point on installing a Grand Rapids EFIS. It
> will be a single AHRS mounted on canard, dual screen in front of the
> pilot...side by side. I plan to mount the EIS on the radio stack to
> (hopefully) minimize the times I have to split the PFD or Map displays
> to deal w/ engine or fuel issues.
>
> Here's my question: Where to mount the magnetometer. Ya know, it has
> the ususal mounting guidelines: away from ferrous, moving parts,
> magnetic energy fields. I have narrowed it to outboard on the strake,
> (wings have to come off to get it back out again)or in the cabin on the
> sidewall storage area which is way more accessible but subject to being
> attacked by a carelessly stowed lap top or what have you. It must be
> orientated in the direction of flight. 5.25 long, 2.75 wide, 1.125
> high. Maybe the upper aft cabin ceiling?
>
> Anybody w/ experience on this? Can I bury this baby in the wing and not
> have to worry about it?
>
> Terry
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list