REFLECTOR: New Plane - New (sort of) Engine dilemma

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 6 11:27:52 CDT 2005


It looks like I am in a bit of a pickle and I am wondering how others
might have worked through this problem.

 

I have an engine that is essentially being completely re-built from the
ground up.  When done, it will be in the "0 HSMO" state.  I also have
the plane that is being finished up at this point.  The two will be
re-united soon (I hope).

 

Now, as I look through the engine manual, it requires me to keep the RPM
fairly high during the burn-in process.  But with the plane being "brand
new", taking it to a cruise altitude isn't an option.  Keeping the RPM
high on the ground for a long time also seems problematic since there
will not be enough airflow to keep the cylinders cool.  I can do "high
speed taxi" but that still is not a "sustained high RPM" the engine
manual requires.

 

How have others worked through this problem?

 

FYI, I have Franklin on Velocity SUV.

 

Hiroo

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050906/6841842f/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list