REFLECTOR: Molding a P-51 Scoop
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Sep 5 20:33:41 CDT 2005
Jim,
The intercooler face is 6x22, I thought I read some formula that a
1-to-2 expansion area in front of the intercooler was a good thing.
I will reread my turbo book and verify what I need. I agree, it seems
like a whole lot of area. I would think 1/4 of that would do.
Scott
Jim Sower wrote:
> Isn't 66 sqin nearly the size of the engine cooling inlet? Sounds
> like a lot. I would have thought maybe 30% of that would do. Anyway,
> Urethane foam is cheap and carves easiest, Styrofoam will melt away
> with gas. I use duct tape or plastic/shrink wrap as a release agent.
> I'd revisit my sizing formula ... Jim S.
>
> Scott Derrick wrote:
>
>> I need to make a P-51 style scoop for my intercooler.
>>
>> It needs to have a 3 inch x 22 inch opening.
>>
>> Roughly rectangular, this would be mounted on the belly right at the
>> firewall.
>>
>> What would be the best way to go about this? Carve one out of foam?
>>
>> Any ideas are appreciated.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list