REFLECTOR: NO DOORS

Tom & Mo Falls thefalls at athenet.net
Mon Sep 5 08:34:31 CDT 2005


Dave,

I'm very interested in seeing the pictures and video of your set-up. I toyed
around with a proof-of-concept a couple of months ago and posted to tvbf. I
have not built the final parts yet....can't decide on the exact design. 

I tried posting video to the reflector and it doesn't work. Please send the
pictures and video directly to my home address.

Thanks,
Tom 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of David Scharfenberg
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:45 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NO DOORS

    I just converted to a mechanical nose door system and flight tested 
it today.  Everything worked great, including a free fall extension.  I 
used the stock door opening springs and linkages, with an extra set of 
springs added to allow the nose wheel to move up and down a little in 
turbulence without opening the doors.  The springs also make fine 
tuning the linkage lengths unnecessary, as the spring pressure holds 
the doors in the closed position.  I have some crude pictures and a 
movie of the prototype.  If anyone is interested, please let me know.
    I have had to rebuild the sequence valve twice and the nose door 
cylinder once, so I am looking forward to more dependable operation.  
The pile of removed parts is impressive (sequence valve, cylinder, AL 
lines and fittings, flow restricter, slider rails and brackets).

Dave Scharfenberg
std/rg
dave at winco.net




>>
>>  My nose gear doors have been an absolute pain in the ass.  I have 
>> converted to the "mechanical door closer" with much success ... but 
>> they are still a potential problem area -- especially with "free 
>> falling" the gear in a hydraulic dump situation.  Without going into 
>> much detail ... spring tension and door "arms" have to be in perfect 
>> harmony for the system to consistently work well -- no matter what 
>> door closing system you use.

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.18/89 - Release Date: 9/2/2005




-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.18/89 - Release Date: 9/2/2005



More information about the Reflector mailing list