REFLECTOR: NOSE STRUT
Pat Shea
xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 18:32:52 CDT 2005
Tom,
If your "shimmy" is occurring while the brakes are
being applied at all, I suspect you've got high spots
on your brake disks. 40 hours is pretty typical for
this to start showing up. It happens with both the
Matco and Cleveland brakes. Take the disks to a
grinding shop and have each side (of each disk) ground
down until it's flat. It doesn't take much - but if
they're out just a little, it will induce a shudder.
The shudder ususlly occurs in a limited speed range
(25-40mph for example).
Pat
--- Tom Martino <tmartino at troubleshooter.com> wrote:
>
> I have gone almost my entire 40 hours without a
> shimmy of any kind. Now
> I find a slight shimmy at higher speeds. I noticed
> the swivel between
> the fork and the strut has loosened a bit. Just how
> tight does it have
> to be?
> Should it be relatively stiff to rotate by hand?
> Any particular
> "poundage"?
> Thanks
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
______________________________________________________
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/
More information about the Reflector
mailing list