REFLECTOR: NOSE STRUT
Fred Marconi
fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 4 17:13:21 CDT 2005
I have 160 hours and have never had a shimmy. I tightened according to the manual and the nut kept on loosening to I went a little tighter and it has maintained its tension. A little hard to steer when the plane stops and the wheel is slightly turned and I have to start up again but other than that it steers well on the taxiway. You have to kick the wheel to turn it. No problem steering in the grass.
Fred
N244FM
----- Original Message -----
From: Al Gietzen
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: NOSE STRUT
I have gone almost my entire 40 hours without a shimmy of any kind. Now I find a slight shimmy at higher speeds. I noticed the swivel between the fork and the strut has loosened a bit. Just how tight does it have to be?
Should it be relatively stiff to rotate by hand? Any particular "poundage"?
Tom; there is a spec for the force. I believe it is 12.5# side force on the outside edge of the tire, but don't take my word for it - check the manual.
Al
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050904/19a27833/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list