REFLECTOR: RIGGING

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Sep 4 13:36:13 CDT 2005


I was told to first reduce lift in the light(or rising) wing, put a thin 
washer(1/32") under the lower wing bolts on the wing that is rising. If 
its too much try a 1/64".

If that aint enough try a 1/16" washer. If that aint enough, leave the 
shim in the light wing, and now shim the upper bolts on the heavy wing 
to increase its lift..

Some require 1/8" washers...

Scott

Tom Martino wrote:

> I SPOKE TOO SOON. The rudder trim was not enough to “straighten out” 
> my plane completely. It looks like I will have to shim a wing.
>
> My question: My plane wants to roll to the right … so do I shim the 
> left wing “down” (to reduce lift) or so I shim the right wing “up” to 
> balance them out?
>
> I can’t see a difference on the incidence jig so … the correction 
> needed is likely minuscule.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list