REFLECTOR: cooling requirements

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 13:01:32 CDT 2005


Yup Herb,   you are right. 

No wonder there are so many trials. My takeoff DA is usually above 6K, and 
upwards of 9K in the summer. So my takeoff HP is much lower the hotter it gets. 
I should still have about 230HP on a hot summer day, so that is what I have to 
cool. I am not sure if the cooling ability decreases at the rate as HP drops 
off...  It would be nice if it was a flatter cuve, wouldn't it :) 

As you climb.. the temp goes down, and DA slowly increases.. It never seems 
to be a constant.   My goal was to make sure I had at least 200HP for takeoff 
on a hot day out here.  The rest is gravy. 

I hope that all of us end up with a system that works well, or needs only 
minor tweaking. It will definately be a wide variaty of methods used...... and 
some real data will be available soon. 

Til then... cross our fingers.. and press on :) 

Kurt 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051021/a25d008c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list