Armpit System was Re: REFLECTOR: NACA scoops
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 20 09:20:19 CDT 2005
I have a pair of used armpits I cut off my cowl. I wasn't really
careful when cutting but they could be used. They have the aluminum
deflector attached
And all the factory baffling for an updraft IO360 with all new silicon I
recently removed. Its used, 475 hours, but serviceable, and fits well.
I had no cooling problems on that engein once I tightened up the baffling.
I hate to throw it out, but its cluttering up my corner of a multi plane
hanger. Its free to anybody who will pay the freight.
Scott Derrick
Scott Baker wrote:
> Velocity recently helped a customer with the installation of a
> Superior TNIOF-362 with an upward facing exhaust. We used two arm pit
> scoops and homemade updraft baffle system. RV sells a baffle kit that
> works also - we purchased this to save time, but later decided to
> build the baffles from scratch in order to better accommodate the
> turbo system. The cooling did well. No problems with CHT's. Oil
> temps ran higher than what we wanted because of it having a single oil
> cooler. I think dual coolers would be advisable.
> The factory has the molds for the arm pit scoops. If you need a pair,
> they can be ordered through Lambert at parts at velocityaircraft.com.
> Best regards,
> Scott B
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Ellzey" <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:21 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NACA scoops
>
>
>> Yes it is an up stack exhaust 290hp removed from a Aero Commander.
>>
>> Andy
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat Shea" <xl340hp at yahoo.com>
>> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:55 PM
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NACA scoops
>>
>>
>>> Andy,
>>>
>>> Is this also an up stack (exhaust on top) engine? If
>>> so, I may be able to offer some information/advice as
>>> I started off with a similar set up.
>>>
>>> Pat
>>>
>>> --- Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Noel,
>>>>
>>>> I have purchased a new kit that has the NACA scoops
>>>> and will probably
>>>> install them on the bottom of my aircraft. I have
>>>> purchased a IO-540E1A5
>>>> engine, which is a up draft engine. Before Brendan
>>>> left, he told me that
>>>> there should be room to install the NACA scoops on
>>>> the bottom of my aircraft
>>>> almost identical to the position that they are on
>>>> the top. Even though this
>>>> is my plan, I would like to read and look at the
>>>> instructions for the arm
>>>> pit scoops to decide which would be best. Can you
>>>> tell me which section of
>>>> the manual and which model of Velocity the arm pits
>>>> scoops were standard
>>>> equipment?
>>>>
>>>> Andy Ellzey
>>>> XL-RG
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> __________________________________
>>> Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
>>> http://mail.yahoo.com
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list