REFLECTOR: RE: Reflector Digest, Vol 17, Issue 23-Brendan
Mark Riley
anriley at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 19:02:35 CDT 2005
Brendan:
I am sorry to hear you are leaving and wish you the best in Chicago. I
appreciated your patient answers to all my endless questions during
construction. I appreciated even more your patience and grace in what had to
be a harrowing experience checking me out in the factory plane before my
first flight.
Best wishes from Nancy and I.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of reflector-request at tvbf.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:42 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Reflector Digest, Vol 17, Issue 23
Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
reflector at tvbf.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
reflector-request at tvbf.org
You can reach the person managing the list at
reflector-owner at tvbf.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. RE: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan (Christopher Barber)
2. Re: Brendan O'Riordan (velocityxlfg)
3. Re: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan (velocityxlfg)
4. Re: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan (Jorge Bujanda)
5. Re: Brendan O'Riordan (Scott Baker)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:38:06 -0500
From: "Christopher Barber" <CBarber at TexasAttorney.net>
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <BBEFICNEDKAAFAOGCJKKIELNDNAA.CBarber at TexasAttorney.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
With all due respect of all the great staff/family at Velocity, Inc, I will
never be able to adequately express my appreciation to and for Brendan. His
ability to explain, instruct and reassure in a helpful and friendly manner
will be a key factor when I complete my project. The fact that I knew he
must have explained the exact information scores of time to scores of other
builder with complete patience was unequalled.
He was/is so good that I never really have to call and get clarification
anymore (well, I don't mean I won't call, just that his direction and focus
has aided in my building confidence that I now enjoy passing on to others).
I was so scared the first time I cut into my "slow build" kit, Brendan
walked me through the process and now I feel I could build dang near
anything with composite technique.......hmmm, maybe a late 50's Corvette
<g>.
He always made me feel that I was not a burden or stupid and that he
remembered me (maybe not a good thing...and I kinda dread to know the
nickname he ascribed to me....as, from what I understand, all we fellow
builders have one with the factory guys :-O ).
Even though I don't need to call much anymore I will deeply miss knowing
Brendan was at the factory "watching my back". I hope for the best for him
as we must all grow and move on, but it is a loss to our building/flying
community.
All I can really say is; Brendan, THANKS.
All the best,
Chris Barber
www.LoneStarVelocity.com
Houston, Texas
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Gary T. Ciampa
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 10:03 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
I wanted to say that I sincerely appreciate the advice and assistance of
Brendan while he was at Velocity Inc. On many occasions I've chatted and
exchanged emails with him and his recommendations and advice were
gratefully appreciated.
Brendan, good luck in your new phase of life......warm regards!
Gary T. Ciampa
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:45:56 -0500
From: "velocityxlfg" <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brendan O'Riordan
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <003101c5ce6a$1c8d3a80$6710a8c0 at tungsten.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
MessageWill Brendan Be available for check rides and Plane inspections for
people in the Chicago area????
Ron
----- Original Message -----
From: Terry Miles
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:48 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Brendan O'Riordan
Brendan,
If you can read this...gimme a call some time. I live 5600N and Sheridan
Road--just 2 blocks off the Orange Line. 773-580-4642
Terry Miles
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Baker
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 6:14 PM
To: Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
Since most on the Reflector are in "builder mode", I wanted to give an
announcement that Brendan O'Riordan has recently left Velocity, Inc. under
happy circumstances - or to put it more correctly, as happy as one can be
when a friend and valued person moves on to another chapter in life.
For those who have not recently called for customer support, Brendan was
the main "go-to" person for technical support questions. As a Certified
Flight Instructor with lots of Velocity flight experience, an A&P mechanic,
and a computer and internet familiar kind of person, Brendan was uniquely
qualified to help Velocity customers with technical assistance questions.
Because of this and because of his being such a great person, his presence
at Velocity will be missed!
Brendan's plans include taking some time off to rebuild his early 70's
model convertible Chevelle and later relocating (just in time for winter) to
his hometown of Chicago.
Scott Swing and I will be answering the bulk of technical support
questions. Velocity is in the process of installing a new telephone system
with (Lord help us) a voice mail system. The new telephone system offers
some technical advantages such as allowing tech-service calls to enter the
system without going through the central receptionist - and ring at both
Scott's and my desk. Velocity will continue to maintain a "builder hot
line" telephone number, which we will also answer on weekends if we happen
to be nearby.
SB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051011/5e7c220b/
attachment.htm
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:53:31 -0500
From: "velocityxlfg" <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <003a01c5ce6b$2afa33b0$6710a8c0 at tungsten.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original
Dido
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Barber" <CBarber at texasattorney.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:38 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
> With all due respect of all the great staff/family at Velocity, Inc, I
> will
> never be able to adequately express my appreciation to and for Brendan.
> His
> ability to explain, instruct and reassure in a helpful and friendly manner
> will be a key factor when I complete my project. The fact that I knew he
> must have explained the exact information scores of time to scores of
> other
> builder with complete patience was unequalled.
>
> He was/is so good that I never really have to call and get clarification
> anymore (well, I don't mean I won't call, just that his direction and
> focus
> has aided in my building confidence that I now enjoy passing on to
> others).
>
> I was so scared the first time I cut into my "slow build" kit, Brendan
> walked me through the process and now I feel I could build dang near
> anything with composite technique.......hmmm, maybe a late 50's Corvette
> <g>.
>
> He always made me feel that I was not a burden or stupid and that he
> remembered me (maybe not a good thing...and I kinda dread to know the
> nickname he ascribed to me....as, from what I understand, all we fellow
> builders have one with the factory guys :-O ).
>
> Even though I don't need to call much anymore I will deeply miss knowing
> Brendan was at the factory "watching my back". I hope for the best for
> him
> as we must all grow and move on, but it is a loss to our building/flying
> community.
>
> All I can really say is; Brendan, THANKS.
>
> All the best,
>
> Chris Barber
> www.LoneStarVelocity.com
> Houston, Texas
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Gary T. Ciampa
> Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 10:03 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
>
>
>
> I wanted to say that I sincerely appreciate the advice and assistance of
> Brendan while he was at Velocity Inc. On many occasions I've chatted and
> exchanged emails with him and his recommendations and advice were
> gratefully appreciated.
>
> Brendan, good luck in your new phase of life......warm regards!
>
> Gary T. Ciampa
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
------------------------------
Message: 4
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:53:18 -0700
From: Jorge Bujanda <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <434BDFEE.5030502 at dslextreme.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
I agree with the words of recognition, from others, to a true
professional and to a job exceedingly well done. I insert below part of
a message I sent to Velocity back in June that very much applies today.
************************************************************
Hi Brendan,
Hope you are well. As usual, thanks for your prompt response and great
support to us customers.... you truly elevate Velocity's Customer
Service. In projects like these, like it or not, the customer is a
customer at least until the airplane is completed or the builder
quits... You have always made me feel very comfortable when
interacting with you as support for my building questions and problems.
You never ignore my questions, always respond promptly and your answers,
although to the point, never lack detail or give the impression of a
rushed response.
For what is worth, I am copying others at Velocity. I believe it is
important that customer complaints and comments be acknowledged, but
also, that customers take the time to bring up the good things and
commend those who deserve it.
Regards
Jorge Bujanda
******************************************************************
Scott Baker wrote:
>
> Since most on the Reflector are in "builder mode", I wanted to give an
> announcement that Brendan O'Riordan has recently left Velocity, Inc.
> under happy circumstances - or to put it more correctly, as happy as
> one can be when a friend and valued person moves on to another chapter
> in life.
>
> For those who have not recently called for customer support, Brendan
> was the main "go-to" person for technical support questions. As a
> Certified Flight Instructor with lots of Velocity flight experience,
> an A&P mechanic, and a computer and internet familiar kind of person,
> Brendan was uniquely qualified to help Velocity customers with
> technical assistance questions. Because of this and because of his
> being such a great person, his presence at Velocity will be missed!
>
> Brendan's plans include taking some time off to rebuild his early 70's
> model convertible Chevelle and later relocating (just in time for
> winter) to his hometown of Chicago.
>
> Scott Swing and I will be answering the bulk of technical support
> questions. Velocity is in the process of installing a new telephone
> system with (Lord help us) a voice mail system. The new telephone
> system offers some technical advantages such as allowing tech-service
> calls to enter the system without going through the central
> receptionist - and ring at both Scott's and my desk. Velocity will
> continue to maintain a "builder hot line" telephone number, which we
> will also answer on weekends if we happen to be nearby.
>
> SB
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
------------------------------
Message: 5
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:40:07 -0400
From: "Scott Baker" <sbakr at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brendan O'Riordan
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <003101c5ce82$79c0b570$0301a8c0 at DAD>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
MessageThat will be up to Brendan, of course. I will make sure Brendan
receives copies of well wishes from everyone on the Reflector.
SB
----- Original Message -----
From: velocityxlfg
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brendan O'Riordan
Will Brendan Be available for check rides and Plane inspections for
people in the Chicago area????
Ron
----- Original Message -----
From: Terry Miles
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:48 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Brendan O'Riordan
Brendan,
If you can read this...gimme a call some time. I live 5600N and
Sheridan Road--just 2 blocks off the Orange Line. 773-580-4642
Terry Miles
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
On Behalf Of Scott Baker
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 6:14 PM
To: Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc. - Brendan O'Riordan
Since most on the Reflector are in "builder mode", I wanted to give an
announcement that Brendan O'Riordan has recently left Velocity, Inc. under
happy circumstances - or to put it more correctly, as happy as one can be
when a friend and valued person moves on to another chapter in life.
For those who have not recently called for customer support, Brendan
was the main "go-to" person for technical support questions. As a Certified
Flight Instructor with lots of Velocity flight experience, an A&P mechanic,
and a computer and internet familiar kind of person, Brendan was uniquely
qualified to help Velocity customers with technical assistance questions.
Because of this and because of his being such a great person, his presence
at Velocity will be missed!
Brendan's plans include taking some time off to rebuild his early 70's
model convertible Chevelle and later relocating (just in time for winter) to
his hometown of Chicago.
Scott Swing and I will be answering the bulk of technical support
questions. Velocity is in the process of installing a new telephone system
with (Lord help us) a voice mail system. The new telephone system offers
some technical advantages such as allowing tech-service calls to enter the
system without going through the central receptionist - and ring at both
Scott's and my desk. Velocity will continue to maintain a "builder hot
line" telephone number, which we will also answer on weekends if we happen
to be nearby.
SB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051011/88e2a0cd/
attachment.html
------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
End of Reflector Digest, Vol 17, Issue 23
*****************************************
More information about the Reflector
mailing list