REFLECTOR: Rocket Racing in a Velocity

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Oct 4 06:49:24 CDT 2005


Perhaps another semi-aeronautical term covers this announcement, "Trial
Balloon".  I guess I'd pay to see it...at least once, but I'm not sure
the general public, which they would have to appeal to, would really
care.  Reno is once thing, Ringgold, Georgia is another.
 
Chuck
Do Not Archive
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 9:32 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Rocket Racing in a Velocity
 
The bit that caught my eye was the statement that, "Next generation
vehicles will be using an airframe provided by Velocity Aircraft of
Sebastian, Florida."   Is the factory going to be providing finished
airframes, a la the UAV project currently underway?
 
I must admit this whole concept seems pretty "out there" to me.  I'll be
surprised if this actually gets off the ground (so to speak).  I've been
wrong about such things before, but I don't think I'll be investing any
of my own money!
 
Keith
 
________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 10:48 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Rocket Racing in a Velo
 
 
The X-Prize founder announced Rocket-Racing as the new sport with a
nationwide tour.  Take a look at the planes--all we're missing is the
missle pod.
 
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=d3f621c7-557f-454c-b4d
d-f8efea4fa6c7&#d
 
Chuck
 
The guys from X-cor came by a few weeks ago to take measurements on my
fuselage as part of a plan to test a rocket on a Velocity.  Picture a
large, spherical, liquid O2 tank in the back seat.
 
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051004/084e6578/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list